Thursday 21 November 2013

WHICH WAY NIGERIA?

WHICH WAY NIGERIA?
My people....NO…jokes APART!
I was at a popular restaurant or café at LEKKI PHASE 1 and for decency sake..
I would not MENTION the name of the place…
NIGERIA is the ONLY place in the world…where MISPLACED priorities and BULL SHIT….WORKS!
Let me borrow my friends tag line in the Yoruba dialect
Ni 9ja a ma gba raw a pa ni(in Nigeria we would continue to EXPLOIT one another till the world ends)
Back to the CRUX..issue at hand(gbege..kasala…yawa..agro)
Their menu list was brought to us…first of all..na my friend wan show off say him don hammer..
Then I started seeing ….419…Please my people I stand corrected..if these is not..19..I mean..419
MEAT BALL BABANOUSH
BACON TURKEY BRASCO
FIERY MORROCAN CHICKEN…(wetin do 9ja chickens)
Warm Chicken Liver(N2,750…haba for Ijora olopa na N250 per kilo na..lol)
BLT with poached eggs…(haba BRT ..sorry BLT)
PEPPERED STEAK TORTILLA
GRILLED RUMP STEAK STRIPS
CRAB STICK WITH AVOCADO…(fruit wey dey eat for small+crab=..purging..lol)
SPICY CHICKEN PINEAPPLE
CUBAN CHICKEN
EVA WATER(small N250)
Coke(N250)
ESPRESSO(N700)
HARRISS-MARINATED PORK CHOP
….the ANNOYING thing is that…
All these POISONS price range is between…N2,750---N5,000
Infact I just called for the EVA water small(N250)....though na my host pay for am...as I dey drink am...I just dey VEX!
When I can sit in a better 9ja BUKA(MAMA PUT)..TO EAT POUNDED YAM..EGUSI SOUP that looks like lobsters..COW LEG..BOKOTO..EGATUTU(Croaker)..OFALS(intestine,liver,lungs etc)..COW TONGUE..and all the ORISIRISI..pheew!
…not that I wasn’t hungry but I was just taken ABACK by the fact that we 9ja people refused to LIBERATE ourself from…COLONIAL MENTALITY a.k.a SECOND SLAVERY..
Immediately..LATE SUNNY OKOSUN’S SONG started playing in my brain..
WHICH WAY NIGERIA?…WHICH WAY TO GO?...I LOVE MY FATHER LAND…WHICH WAY NIGERIA…I WANT TO KNOW..choi!
I COMMENT MY RESERVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment